With increasing air pollution, there is a need to improve the atmosphere of your room where you spend most of your time. For example, the World Health Organization says only one in ten people breathe pollution-free air. And since you cannot change the outside’s air quality, you can surely improve the internal atmosphere by choosing the best Germ Guardian air purifier.
For example, Energy Star Certified Germ Guardian AC5109W Air Purifier can help clean your room’s air with its HEPA (High-efficiency Particulate Absorbing) filter.
With this in mind, this product review covers details of the Germ Guardian AC5109W air purifier, its pros and cons, its price range, and my final verdict.
What Does Germ Guardian AC5109W Air Purifier Have To Offer You?
With multifaceted features and benefits, it is the best Germ Guardian air purifier if you want an all-in-one solution to improve the air quality of your home. For example, the product comes with HEPA filters that trap more than 99% of dust particles, allergens, pet dander, and plant pollens. So if you are a pet lover, you can stay close to your pets without the fear of any allergies as long as the air purifier is turned on.
Similarly, it contains an ultraviolet source emitting high-energy light that falls on titanium dioxide and helps kill germs, bacteria, and other biological pollutants.
Being the best Germ Guardian air purifier, it traps household dust of sizes as little as 0.3 microns. So if you have a family history of asthma and are in no position to take the risk, this air purifier is an immediate need in your home.
Moreover, this product has a built-in child lock feature, auto mode, and sleep mode options to operate the air purifier the way you want.
Best for your 394 square feet room, Germ Guardian AC5109W air purifier circulates the same air four times in your room after every 60 minutes.
How Does It Look Like?
The Germ Guardian air purifier does not heat up due to its white color. The color is an indication that the product isn’t absorbing the high-energy spectrum of light available in your room. As a result, its lifetime increases without compromising on efficiency.
Similarly, this air purifier weighs 13 pounds with 23.46 inches in height, making it easy to carry around your home from one room to the other without much heavy lifting.
And, its simple touch control method is easy for your fingers and looks like you are using your smartphone without pushing your muscles to work.
Positive and Negative Aspects to Help Guide You
When deciding on buying, the very first thing you need to pay attention to is the benefits or pros with which the air purifier comes.
On the other hand, you should also know the negative side to avoid after-purchase disappointment. With this in mind, I have listed both pros and cons to help you make the decision smoothly.
Germ Guardian AC5109W Air Purifier has:
- 360 degree HEPA filters that control allergens and dust particles
- Built-in UV-C light source that emits high-energy light to kill microbes
- Ozone safe ionizer that makes clusters of bacteria and germs to trap them in filters
- Sleep mode option to darken the room when it’s time to sleep
- Automatic adjustment feature to optimize air quality
- Auto adjustment mode to switch to a four fan speed for better air purification
- Activated carbon filters to remove odor due to cooking and smoking
- Compliance with industry standards, such as AHAM Verified
- High CADR (clean air delivery rate) for a room of 394 sq ft
- Reminder for filter replacement
On top of that, the air purifier is eligible for return or replacement. And, in extreme cases, you will have the option to get a refund.
Pros and cons of any product go hand-in-hand; the same case holds in this case.
For instance, the air purifier has:
- Only 3 years limited warranty period within which you are eligible for a return, refund, or replacement policy
- A requirement to replace its filter every 6-8 months, adding more cost to your already purchased air purifier
Is It The Best Germ Guardian Air Purifier? My Final Verdict
If you ask me whether this air purifier with model number AC5109W is worth buying, my decision would be in favor of it due to the following reasons:
- 6-in-1 Air Purifier: Many air purifiers have a 3-stage purification system to clean the air inside your home or room. However, this Germ Guardian purifier circulates the air through 6 stages, including HEPA filters and UV-C light equipped with titanium dioxide, to filter out pollutants.
- Best For Large Area Rooms: If your room is stretched over 394 sq. feet, this air purifier standing of 23-inches in height is best to purify the air throughout the room.
- 4-Speed Options: I call it the best Germ Guardian air purifier because of its equipment with 4 different speed options to adjust air optimization levels.
- No Sleep Issues: UV-C light does not pass out of the air purifier and does not create any disturbance to sleep.
- Ionizer That Does Not Release Ozone: Air ionization installed in the purifier generates negatively charged particles that attract germs from the atmosphere. However, there are chances that many ozone molecules may also be produced during the purification process, which isn’t the case here. Hence, you can be assured that there will be little to no ozone molecules in your room’s atmosphere.
With all that said, you can conclude that the pros of Germ Guardian AC5109W air purifier outweigh its cons, making it the best Germ Guardian air purifier. You could check the further product details on Amazon and the initial purchase amount of the air purifier is $399.99 on top of Amazon Global Shipping cost, depending on the country or area you live in.
If you have any questions about the best Germ Guardian air purifier, let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot.