There are lots of air purifiers available in the market today; they come in different shapes, sizes and features. Thus it can be a herculean task trying to figure out which air purifier is better or ideal for one’s need. After going through the “hordes” of air purifiers being advertised by different producers, Bissell Smart Purifier – model Air320, seemed to have some features that stood it apart from the rest as well as certain flaws some users may see as a turn-off.
Since user experience and needs may differ considerably, it would be best for users to pass the verdict after going through its advantages and disadvantages as highlighted below.
Physical Specifications of Bissell Smart Purifier, Model Air320
- Color: White/Grey
- Brand: Bissell
- Item Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.3 x 14.75 x 25 inches
- Item Weight: 18.25 Pounds
- Control Method: Touch
- Price: $249.99 on Amazon
About Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier
The producers of Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier listed lots of attributes about it that gives it unassailable edge over its peers. It is also made from high quality plastic, has matt white finishing, comes with a fabric front filter mesh, and a durable base fitted with solid wood-like legs.
There is also a light indicator situated at the front alongside a digital LED display that shows the air purifier’s readings. Has just one rotating button at the top which makes it easy to use and its size measures 14.5’’ width, 8.5’’ depth and 25’’ height.
I will be rehashing them here as part of its pros and afterwards, I will also report the cons about this product, based on different user experiences.
The Pros of Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier
- Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier has 3 stages of filtration process to ensure clean air is produced. It also features fabric pre-filter, an activated carbon filter as well as H13 HEPA filter to ensure that big and fine particles, VOCs, home odors and odors from pet are effectively trapped.
- Its medical-grade HEPA filter is capable of capturing up to 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns or smaller when it’s on low speed which enables it to effectively remove airborne allergens as well as other unwanted irritants such as cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke from cooking or wildfires.
- The Honeycomb Carbon Filter has uncountable numbers of active carbon pellets that is structured to trap gases, household odors like pet dander, smoke, cooking and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- It has powerful effects and is AHAM Certified which makes it possible for it filters up to 1582 sq.ft. within an air change/hour. Filters 791 sq. ft. within 2 air changes/hour. Filters 527 sq. ft. with 3 air changes/hour and filters 327 sq. ft. with 4.8 air changes/hour.
- Low Energy Consumption & Noiseless. It is Energy Star rated and is adjustable up to 5 speeds and the lowest is noiseless.
- Easy Maintenance. It has automatic filter change indicator that notifies you when they are due to be changed. Even though filters are supposed to be changed every 6 months.
- It has Automated Cirqulate System. The PM 2.5 particle sensor monitors provides air quality readings and adjusts the fan speed appropriately to ensure stable clean air.
- Commercial-Grade Performance. Its digital DC motor combines with a powerful XL fan to draw in air through the air purifier’s 3 filters before releasing purified air from the top vent.
The Cons of Bissell Air320 Smart Air Purifier
Having discussed about the pros, it is time to talk about the cons associated with this Bissell smart purifier. This would be drawn from inferential analysis as well as reviews from those that have used this product.
- It makes uneven noise. Some users claim that the product makes uneven noise after a brief period of usage. This was said to be due to the fan that doesn’t run smoothly, for instance, it would speed up for some time, then slows down only to speed up again after a while.
- It is a little expensive, $249.99 on Amazon. There are cheaper air purifiers available in the market that may be as good as the product.
- Once the air purifier is set beyond 2 it would start making noise. Due to this reason, trying to make use of settings 3, 4 and 5 becomes impossible at bed time or for anyone that desires a quiet environment.
- A little unwieldy. The size is relatively big and some people might want something more sleek and handy such as Levoit Core300 air purifier.
- Expensive filter replacements. Filter replacement is a constant phenomenon with air purifiers and this product isn’t any different.
Other Important Features About Bissell Smart Purifier
The Bissell Air 320 Air Purifier is packed in an attractive, environmentally friendly/recyclable container. It also has detailed and easy-to-read product description. Within the container are 2 filters, an instruction manual and Bissell Smart Purifier.
This air purifier is certified by AHAM and its carbon filters are perfect for large rooms and homes. It is usually available in white and grey colors, which are generally acceptable and fits in easily with other interior décor.
Bissell Air320 Air Purifier comes in a beautiful minimal design, it is relatively easy to control with only one button and has proven to be amazing in churning out highly purified air through its vents. It has a physical outlook that feels grand/premium and people with allergies often report it is perfect for them to solve their need.
Not a few pet lovers have also reported that it helped make things very conducive for them as it cleanses the air effectively and prevents pet odors, thereby contributing in mitigating pet homelessness. Therefore, Bissell Smart Purifier would definitely come handy to those who desire the attributes mentioned above.
However, air purifier users who desire maximum output without having to sacrifice absolute noise-free environment may not find this product conducive for them. Such people should consider their options, are there other air purifiers that can work at its maximum level without making noise?
If there is, then they may have to give it a shot or consider which one should be a forgone alternative between enjoying maximum levels of output along with noise or a reduced output that is noiseless.
If you have any questions about this Bissell Smart Purifier – Air320, let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot.