Recently, I found an air purifier that is probably the best air purifier for home use in the market. This is the Rabbit MinusA2 air purifier. Now, let’s take a look at the details of this air purifier.
The RabbitAir MinusA2 air purifier is reputed for its ability to effectively protect against pollutants and allergens that may be present at the home, office, or virtually anywhere. It is also regarded as a smart air purifier as it has built-in wireless internet capabilities as well as three-element sensing and control that enables you to remotely monitor the surrounding air quality and purification process in your home.
In other words, whether you’re in your living room or away from home, you can still be able to control the air purifier without having to be physically present. These cutting-edge features of the RabbitAir MinusA2 air purifier are partly why some schools of thought believe it is the best air purifier for home.
Brief Overview of RabbitAir MinusA2 Air Purifier
This air purifier comes with advanced HEPA filtration along with six levels of purification. The manufacturers also endorsed its durability by giving it a 5-year warranty.
Its Germ Defense customized filter is always on hand to trap airborne pollutants such as bacteria, mold, and other virus-carrying particles. It is also designed in such a way that it could either be mounted on a wall or left to stand alone and has the capacity to provide coverage to rooms as large as 815 square feet.
- Package Dimensions: 22.8 x 22.6 x 10 inches
- Item Weight: 23.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: RabbitAir
- Item Model Number: SPA-780A
- Batteries: 1 Lithium metal battery required
- Specification/Power Saving: Energy Star Certified
Important Features That Stand It Out As Probably The Best Air Purifier For Home
- Enhanced Filtration
The availability of next-generation HEPA filtration, reputed as the most reliable filtration technology available in the world today, gives RabbitAir MinusA2 air purifier an edge over some of its peers.
The BioGS HEPA-rated filtration system ensures that allergens, bacteria, and other unwanted airborne particles up to 0.3 microns in size are trapped with 99.97% efficiency. This is in contrast to other traditional HEPA filters that are not so effective in preventing bacteria and viruses from accumulating over time.
- Customized Filtration
Another important feature that makes this air purifier unique is the provision it makes for its filters to be customized. What it means is that any user can customize one of the MinusA2 filters to serve their specific need accordingly based on the different proprietary structures that are primed to target specific concerns as shown below.
- Germ Defense Filter ensures that airborne bacteria, mold, and similar unwanted virus-carrying particles are effectively trapped.
- Pet Allergy Filter ensures that pet allergens and pet dander are reduced to the barest minimum.
- Toxin Absorber Filter guards against volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as well as similar chemicals.
- Odor Remover Filter mitigates odors from pets and cigarette smell, as well as cooking and mildew.
RabbitAir MinusA2 Air Purifier Six-Level Purification Process
Level 1 – This is the Pre-filter and it’s washable and permanent. It prevents large-sized allergens, dust, and other particles from seeping through.
Level 2 – The Medium Filter traps unwanted airborne particles that are up to 1 micron in size, and they include pet dander, pollen, and mode.
Level 3 – The BioGS HEPA Filter traps allergens and other particles that are up to 0.3 microns in size with 99.9% efficiency, thereby helping to reduce allergens while also ensuring that filter life is extended.
Level 4 – Customized Filter enables the user to select from a diverse array of customized filters such as Germ Defense, Odor Remover, Pet Allergy, and Toxin Absorber.
Level 5 – Charcoal-Formulated & Activated Carbon Filter, created with the use of high quality granular activated carbon, this Activated Carbon Filter sort of, can be more efficient than regular Activated Carbon filters that are only coated with a thin film of activated carbon. Level 5 takes care of chemicals as well as typical household odors by reducing them to the barest minimum.
Level 6 – The Negative Ion Generator churns out beneficial negative ions that help in fortifying and freshening up room air.
- Can be easily mounted on a wall or as stand-alone.
- It is a smart air purifier and can automatically switch to sleep mode when in a dark room and vice versa.
- Can effectively take care of large rooms up to 815 square feet.
- RabbitAir makes use of Brushless Direct Current Motor or BLDC for short. It is among the most advanced motor technologies and is responsible for the ultra-quiet nature with the noise level as low as 25.6 to 51.3 dB due to the absence of brushes, which also enables it to be more efficient.
- Saves money for the user with filters that can last for 2 years even while working for 12 hours daily.
- It is Energy Star rated which means it will save on energy costs.
- It is quite expensive. It is sold on Amazon for around $600.
- There have been reports that it isn’t effective against cigarettes and cigars.
- Input settings are often lost whenever there is a loss of power.
Conclusion – The Best Air Purifier For Home?
Those considering RabbitAir MinusA2 Air Purifier as the best air purifier for home use should also consider the fact that this air purifier is not a true HEPA. Test data as displayed by the manufacturers of this air purifier revealed that it is 99.97% effective against unwanted airborne particles of 0.3 microns in size whereas true HEPA filters can do better by stopping those as minute as 0.1 microns in size or even less.
Also on the downside, this product is said to be a smart air purifier but each time there is a loss of power, it loses its input settings thereby failing to work efficiently during such times.
And lastly, at around $600 per unit on Amazon, the RabbitAir MinusA2 air purifier doesn’t come cheap at all. However, if these few issues aren’t a problem to a buyer, then buying may be absolutely worth it.
If you have any questions about the RabbitAir MinusA2 air purifier or suggestions about the best air purifier for home, let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot.