Today, I’ll talk about the best Honeywell HEPA air purifier for extra-large rooms. A very important factor to consider when buying an air purifier is its capacity. Air purifiers are not one-size-fits-all; therefore care must be taken to ensure that a particular air purifier is ideal for what it’s to be used for.
An air purifier with a capacity intended for a small room will perform poorly when used for large rooms and vice versa. Based on that, those in need of an air purifier to be used in large or extra-large rooms would find the Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier as an ideal choice considering it was produced to take care of large rooms up to 2250 square feet.
There are equally other brands that have the similar capacity with great output and durability. However, the focus of this review is on this product that is regarded as the best Honeywell HEPA air purifier available in the market.
Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier is an impressive air cleaner that yields optimal results.
About The Best Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier
As stated earlier, the Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier is suitable for extra-large rooms i.e. up to 2250 square feet. As the name indicates, it comes with HEPA filtration that can capture as much as 99.97% of unwanted microscopic airborne pollutants.
It also has 4 air-cleaning compartments as well as a “Turbo Clean” section that combines to ensure that microscopic airborne particles such as smoke, dirt, pet dander, and pollen among others are prevented from seeping through.
Additionally, another important feature of this air purifier is the fact that it’s simple yet offers double filtration, with the very thick charcoal filter coming first, followed by the well-padded HEPA filter.
The air is drawn in through the front side of the air purifier and then passes through filters before it would be ultimately released through an air grate that is located at the top of the device, just before the controls. The implication of this is that a unit of this can be comfortably placed against the wall or just anywhere convenient, thereby helping to save space.
The Four Levels of Filtration in Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier
- Germ (Low)
- This level ensures that germs, bacteria, and other unhealthy microbes are filtered out.
- General Clean (Medium)
- Captures every other unwanted airborne impurity such as smoke, cooking, and dust with ease.
- Allergen (High)
- This level is responsible for preventing pollens, pet dander, and similar airborne impurities.
- Ensures the effective elimination of carbon deposits and soot.
Features of Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier
- Product Dimensions: 10.8″H x 20″D x 22.8″W inches
- Item Weight: 17 pounds
- Country of Origin: China
- Color: Black
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Has HEPA filtration with 4 air cleaning levels that ensure 99.9% protection.
- It’s suitable for large/extra-large rooms of up to 2250 square feet with 1 round per hour.
- It is part of the Allergen Plus series and is equally Energy Star rated.
- Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier makes little or no noise while in operation.
- Simple-to-use touch controls, filter change indicator, reset button/timer, and control panel dimmer all combine to make this air purifier smart and convenient to use.
- Comes with a massive 5-year warranty.
- At barely $160 per unit on Amazon, the Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier is relatively less expensive.
- Filters have to be changed regularly.
- It may produce a slightly unpleasant smell.
- Warranty only covers manufacturer defects and not breakdowns from regular usage.
- To ensure optimal performance, you have to make use of only genuine air purifier filters from the manufacturer.
- It does not mitigate or absorb carbon monoxide gas.
One unique attribute that separates the Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier is that despite its huge size and capacity, it can be noiseless while in operation. This is in contrast to a good number of other air purifiers (even those with far less capacity) that often make noise while being used. Individuals that desire a noise-free environment will find this product awesome.
For this product to be regarded as probably the best Honeywell HEPA air purifier currently available in the market speaks volumes about its quality especially when one considers that Honeywell is already highly reputed as a brand that usually manufactures quality products.
However, on the other hand, cash-strapped users may also consider the long-term need to always change filters which would cost money, unlike air purifiers with reusable air filters that could save cost in the long run.
Other Factors to Consider
Other attributes of the Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier include its relatively low price, it may be quite difficult in getting air purifiers that have similar features, and yet still go for only about $160 on Amazon.
Similarly, users of this product have spoken impressively about its basic filtration method, its nice control panel; its convenient size and ability to place it against a wall, and lastly the ability to switch off its blue light from the control panel are other factors that make the product attractive to users.
However, there are equally some not-so-flattering reports about this Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier that ought to be considered as well.
Third-party CADR testing to gauge smoke CADR value, while being operated at its highest level, showed there wasn’t any guarantee that the entire air circulation within a room it is operating will ultimately pass through the filter. In other words, this product’s inability to filter air particles that are 0.3 microns and below could be a drawback as asthma and allergy sufferers may find it unsuitable for their needs.
Conclusion – The Best Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier For Large Rooms
Having weighed the pros and cons of this product, it is now left for the potential buyer to ascertain if truly this is the best Honeywell HEPA air purifier available in the market. Although no doubt claiming such an emphatic position would be controversial given the large spectrum of air purifiers from Honeywell as well as other reputable brands out there. However, one thing is certain about this Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air purifier; it doesn’t fare badly when rated against other top air purifiers.
If you have any questions about the best Honeywell HEPA air purifier, let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot.