Today, we will throw light on Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier in our Winix Air Purifier Review. It will help you make the right decision about buying a good air purifier.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is a top-notch air purifier from Winix (A Korean-based Company). When it comes to modern air filtration technology, Winix air purifiers beat many other air purifying devices available in the market.
Winix 5500-2 is a compact air purifier to recommend because it excels in all aspects that matter, including design, performance, fan power, and additional characteristics. If you can find a good deal on this air purifier, you will not be disappointed.
In-depth Winix Air Purifier Review
Here is an in-depth review of the Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier. You will know about:
- Design and performance
- Pros and cons
Compact Design with Remarkable Performance
While buying some appliances for our home, we are always picky about unique designs with exceptional performance. So, let’s start our authentic Winix Air Purifier Review by letting you know about Winix 5500-2’s aesthetics and performance.
As far as Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is concerned, it has a compact design with remarkable performance. Unlike many air purifiers, it has a lavish look with a charcoal grey-colored plastic body that doesn’t look as cheap as its predecessors.
It has five function buttons on the front. There is one LED Smart Sensor with three different colors to show you the current air quality in your room.
There is also an intake grill on the front of the Winix 5500-2 to bring in air. On top of the device, it has an outlet air vent similar to other classic air purifiers.
However, the air vent leans to the back, making it intricate to direct airflow to users. Besides, it comes with two side handles; we can move it anywhere up or down in the house as it is just 17.6 lbs in weight.
Winix 5500-2: Specifications
- Name: Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
- Model Number: 5500-2
- Color: Charcoal Grey
- Brand: Winix
- Coverage: 360 Square Feet
- Controlling System: Remote
- Dimensions: 14.9’L x 8.2’D x 23.6’H
- Weight: 17.6 lbs
- Fan Speeds: 4
- Light sensor
- Smart odor sensor
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Price: $159.99 on Amazon
Winix 5500-2: Paramount Features
Let’s move one step ahead with our Winix Air Purifier Review and know about the features of the Winix 5500-2 air purifier.
PlasmaWave 4-staged Air Filtration Technology
Winix 5500-2 owns PlasmaWave four-staged advanced air filtration technology.
- The pre-filter catches airborne pollutants like pet hair, lint, pollen, fibers, and large particles. We recommend cleaning this filter at least once every fifteen days if you use it regularly.
- Winix 5500-2 uses AOC honeycomb-styled washable carbon filter to eliminate odors and traps VOCs caused by cooking, smoking, and pets. If you want to hold air quality status in your rooms for a long time, keep this filter clean. The carbon filter should be washed once every three months and replaced every year. However, if you live in a highly polluted area, this filter will need a quick replacement.
- The True HEPA Filter grasps 99.97% of airborne pollutants and particles as small as 0.3 microns in the air like bacteria, various allergens, smoke, dust, and mold spores. If you have allergies, keeping your true HEPA filter clean is crucial because it is your first line of protection against bacteria. This filter lasts about a year and requires a replacement after that, as it is not washable.
- PlasmaWave is a certified technology that reduces odors, VOCs, and other airborne impurities by using hydroxyl as an oxidizing agent. However, there is one downside that PlasmaWave emits a small amount of ozone, so if you have asthma or respiratory issues, you should turn it off. It may result in less effective odor removal in the home but still capture other chemicals and large particles.
Tremendous CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) Rating
The Winix 5500-2 offers room coverage of 360 square feet. It is an AHAM ( Association of Home Appliance) verified room size ideal for medium to large rooms, such as children’s bedrooms, family rooms, kitchens, etc.
This air purifier has a higher CADR rating. The CADR rating indicates how quickly an air purifier can clean the air in a given room. Winix 5500-2 has a CADR of 243 CFM dust/ 232 CFM Smoke/ 246 CFM Pollen. CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) tells how fast air passes through a purifier. The higher CFM is, the better the air purifier is.
Ideal Fans Speed
The Winix 5500-2 has two modes: manual and automatic. When set to manual mode, the air purifier will run at whatever speed you set it at, whether Low, Medium, High, or Turbo. It also has an auto mode that monitors the indoor air using Smart Sensors.
It also has an LED indicator that displays the indoor air quality on a scale of good to poor (Blue – Amber – Red). When the device detects a change in air quality, it immediately adjusts the fan speed to maintain a consistent level of indoor air cleaning.
Modern LED Filter Replacement Indicator
The Winix 5500-2 comes with an LED Indicator that enlightens when the filter requires replacement. When this indicator lights up, it’s time to replace the filter. After replacing the filter, use a pin to press the filter reset button to restore it to its original state. This action is crucial to make the indicating light off.
Among all the air purifiers we tested, Winix 5500-2 is one of the quietest air purifiers. The noise it makes on its low setting is barely audible; even when turned up to its high speed, it remains somewhat silent. It makes a much higher noise on Turbo.
The highest noise level we measured was 58 decibels, which is relatively quiet, but the sound is not ignorable. If the noise becomes unbearable, you can switch it to the lowest speed.
Price: $159.99 on Amazon
But, if you keep in mind those outstanding features of this device that differentiate it from its rivals, it will not prove to be a waste of money for you.
For example, you can choose whether to use the PlasmaWave technology or turn it off. You can use its remote control to operate the device. Furthermore, you won’t have to worry about checking the filter regularly because a LED light does so for you.
Pros and Cons
Now, we will deep dive into our Winix Air Purifier Review to have a look at the pros and cons of Winix 5500-2.
- PlasmaWave 4-staged air filtration technology
- Washable carbon filter
- Automatic sleep mode
- Quiet operation
- Remote control
- Generates a small quantity of ozone when PlasmaWave Technology is on.
- Available in only one color, black
- Bad smell
Substantially, the Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is a full-featured air purifier ideal for medium and large areas, bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. You’ll appreciate the device’s powerful air filtration technology, as well as its numerous additional features like remote control, sensors, quiet operation, etc.
However, replace the filters at the recommended time and keep your air purifier out of direct sunlight, as there have been some complaints of the Winix 5500-2 air purifier emitting a bad smell.
In short, if you follow the precautions we discussed in our Winix Air Purifier Review, it can be a good match for you.
If you have any questions about this Winix Air Purifier Review, let me know in the comments below. I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot.